The theme for our next issue is: ADVENTURE.
Ziva Voices – HerStory in the Making shares women’s stories of experience and inspiration to highlight ways in which we can learn how to shift our mindset, change our habits, learn new skills, build our confidence, and learn to speak up!
Do you have a story to share? We want to hear from you. You do not need to be a “Writer.” We have editors who will help you shine! You only need to have a point of view.
The theme can be taken in a number of directions. Here are some thought starters:
Table of Contents
2Q 2023: ADVENTURE & EXPLORATION:
- Overcoming Fear
- Taking risks
- Highest climb conquered (literal or metaphorical)
- The adventure of giving birth, adoption, surrogacy, etc
- Why women are greater explorers and adventures
- What happens after a big achievement
- The role of adventure and play in an intentional life
- Endurance and how to start your journey of endurance sport
- Why I had to get a divorce in order to find myself and the athlete I am today
- My husband is my coach
- Sex, adventure and exploration
- Crossing the sea in a row boat
- Traveling around the world with children
- Running across the North Pole
- Cold water immersion – how you train your mindset
- I was a war photographer…
Please find our contributor guidelines here. To submit your article, please complete this form.
Questions? Contact us.
Upcoming opportunities include:
Issue 1Q’23 Entrepreneurship – Now Closed
Issue 2Q’23 Adventure & Exploration
Issue 3Q’23 Speak up! Let Your Voice Be Heard
Issue 4Q’23 Women in Femtech
WHY IS ADVENTURE & EXPLORATION IMPORTANT?
We tell stories that might not be known, that might not be shared broadly, and that illustrate the rich diversity of women’s lives. It is particularly important to highlight women who are making (or have made) history, because so often, “HERstory” is muted in the media at large, in our communities, and in our own awareness.
We believe in showing examples of what’s possible.
Women’s adventures throughout history
Many women throughout history and present day have been known for their adventurous spirit and remarkable achievements, many of whom you may never have heard of. Here are a few examples:
- Junko Tabei was a Japanese mountaineer who was the first woman to climb Mount Everest.
- Ellen MacArthur is a British sailor who held the record for the fastest solo circumnavigation of the globe.
- Nellie Bly was an American journalist who traveled worldwide in 72 days, setting a new record at the time.
- Rosie Swale-Pope is a British runner who ran worldwide for seven years and covered over 20,000 miles!
- Sarah Marquis is a Swiss explorer, long-distance walker, and author who has walked over 20,000 miles, mostly alone, across Asia, Australia, and America.
- Felicity Aston is a British explorer and climate scientist who became the first woman to ski alone across Antarctica.
- Liv Arnesen and Ann Bancroft are American explorers who were the first women to ski across Antarctica.
- Vanessa O’Brien is an American mountaineer and explorer who has climbed the highest peak on every continent and skied to both the North and South Poles.
- Amelia Earhart was an American aviation pioneer who was the first woman to fly solo across the Atlantic Ocean.
These are just a few examples of women who have achieved incredible feats and demonstrated a true adventurous spirit.
Some women you might have never heard of
Countless other women around the globe are making their mark in various fields and industries and pushing the boundaries of what is possible. Women such as:
- Rebecca Rusch – an American endurance athlete and adventurer who has won multiple national and world championships in adventure racing, mountain biking, and endurance biking.
- Ann Daniels – a British polar guide and explorer who has led multiple all-woman expeditions to the North and South Poles.
- Alison Levine is an American mountaineer and explorer who has climbed the highest peak on every continent and skied to both the North and South Poles.
- Mollie Hughes is a British mountaineer became the youngest woman to summit Mount Everest from both sides.
- Samantha Gash is an Australian ultra-runner and adventurer who has run across deserts, jungles, and mountains, raising awareness and funds for global issues.
- Sarah Outen is a British adventurer who has rowed across oceans and cycled worldwide.
- Beth Rodden – an American rock climber who has made first ascents of some of the hardest routes in the world.
- Audrey Mestre – a French free-diver who set multiple world records for deep diving.
- Martina Hingis – a Swiss tennis player who was ranked world no.1 and won five Grand Slam singles titles.
These are just a few examples of the many women worldwide who have demonstrated a remarkable adventurous spirit and achieved incredible feats. Women continue to break barriers, challenge stereotypes and prove that anything is possible.